What is Spectrum ?
Recently launched in Ireland, Spectrum Education is an online self-awareness questionnaire aimed at Secondary students. Using information supplied by the students, it gathers information on their individual traits, talents, strengths, skills and motivators.
How does it work?
Once the online questionnaire has been completed, Spectrum then generates a personalized 28 page printed report. The reports contain detailed information on each student’s motivators, inherent skills and strengths and suggests possible career paths
What added value will it bring to the career guidance assessment ?
It is predominately based on positive self – awareness and is an excellent motivator for Secondary students. Self-awareness for career choice is the progressive innovation in education for the future.
Spectrum enhances the client’s knowledge of themselves. It is a valuable addition to the decision making process. It is an additional option that is available to all candidates.
Student Behaviors and Motivating Factors Index
This assessment measures:
- 7 different key drivers that most influence a person’s life choices, decisions and actions.
- 15 factors that demonstrate how students act and communicate both at school and away from school.
- The careers that match a student’s behaviors and motivators.
The Student Behaviors and Motivating Factors assessment helps students understand how they communicate verbally and non-verbally. It will indicate signs of stress they might be feeling, and will give a lot of valuable information to individuals about themselves. Included in the feedback is information about:
- Style Strengths
- Potential Pitfalls of Overextension
- Potential Fears
- Preferred Environment
- Behavioural Motivators
- How They Would Like Others to Communicate with Them
- How Others Should NOT Communicate with Them
- Under Stress They May Appear to Others as
- What They Can Do to Improve Their Interactions with Others by Adapting
Motivating Factors will show what individual candidates are interested in, or passionate about. This is important because people tend to feel unfulfilled by jobs that don’t meet at least their top 2 or 3 motivators. This helps the student to explore their careers with their individual values and drivers.